Last weekend, we attended the wedding of J's godparents. It was the most romantic, beautiful wedding I have been to besides my own (duh!). This wedding was the first traditionally Jewish wedding (with an interfaith couple) I've ever attended. Being that T and I are an interfaith couple ourselves, we had more of a traditionally "Christian" wedding. What I love, however, is how these two faiths are so interconnected that the differences are really few and far between. Watching J's godfather break the glass, to see them dancing the hora, and celebrating love at it's beautiful, raw essence - it was incredible.
J was a rockstar the entire time. Really. He was the most popular person there. Maybe even more so than the bride and groom.
Later in the week, J turned 7 months and we captured his 7 month expressions. Where did the blue eyes on this boy come from!? They are too much for me to handle.
Lately, T and I have been on the cusp of making a big change. We love our jobs, we love our friends, we love our city.
We don't love our debt.
Thankfully, the only debt we've accrued our short lives is from student loans. But with the way our economy stands, those lenders are not being friendly. It is time. It is time we sit down and make some decisions. Do we stay? Do we go? Where do we go? How do we stay?
Things in this household have been rocked, twisted, and turned upside down! The lack of posting is only due to me trying to wrap my mind around all the changes. Some of these are exciting, others challenging, and few have left me in a puddle of my own tears.
1. J turned 6 months old. What!? What happened to my itty-bitty baby boy!? Half a year old and blowing my mind.
2. We began Baby-led Weaning, i.e. solid food! We're sticking to veggies and quinoa. J's favorite veggies are cucumber and carrots. He's also fond of kale, spinach, and peppers.
3. J is crawling. STFU! Now he's giving us a run for our money!
4. The sweetest noise in the entire world, only second to J laughing with T is...our new washer! Thanks to my mother-in-law, we have a brand new, connect to your kitchen sink, take up way to much space, enjoy clean cloth diapers, washer! It is heaven!
5. We went on an adventure bowling at the White House. With beer.
6. J sprouted not one but two new teeth! They are just about the most adorable teeth ever. Thankfully, we've had no biting. And, who can resist a gummy smile with two sprouting teeth!?
This picture is 2 weeks old. They're much more prominent
and adorable (hard to believe, I know!) now.
7. Lastly, and much more will be said about this later, we hired a nanny. I have been alternating between sobbing about this and feeling empowered. We will be sharing a nanny with another family and we are excited for J to have a 10 month old boy to share his days. If only it didn't cost an arm and a leg (and a black market kidney) to pay for it all. Tomorrow is his first day.